Hi! My name is Melanie Jennings and I have been writing technical content for the past thirteen years. I am passionate about engineering and the customer experience.
My mission is to help your customers learn about and use your product. Tell me what your writing challenges are and I will try to help you.
Send me an e-mail at melanie-dot-jennings at yahoo-dot-com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Some of my favorite things to do include:
- Interviewing subject matter experts to understand difficult concepts and then translating them into the language of the audience.
- Publishing original and informative articles and press releases in leading engineering and electronics trade journals.
- Writing user manuals using a single-source/conditional text model in DITA or FrameMaker.
- Creating compelling sales and training videos using Camtasia.
- Managing large-scale writing projects requiring cross-disciplinary input.
- Using DITA, FrameMaker, Camtasia, Acrobat, Illustrator, and HTML.
- Working independently and with initiative to deliver projects on-time and on-budget with a smile on my face.
- Speaking French!